So I recently unrooted my zenfone c, and my phone was behaving wierd (wifi connected but no internet, default file browser of phone shows nothing inside: absolute blank, connects to PC but doesn't show in my computer, tells camera does not exist...) and so I decided to flash the stock rom again, I downloaded the stock rom from asus, and the flash tool from the net. Now when I follow the instructions say ..............here->............(asus.com/zentalk/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=14894&extra=page%3D1% 26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D231), the following error comes up in the flash tool while pressing the start button
!- I did not use the rom specified in the above linked page, but downloaded seperately from asus website. what may be the problem... I am new so can't post screen shots from links, so here is just the link ...........plus.google.com/photos/107799030761055081656/albums/6209484049893645089/6209484057280146242?pid=6209484057280146242&oid=10 7799030761055081656............
I was also thinking about using sideload from ADB, but given the error, I think the file(stock rom) has some problem... and the other one is that I don't know where my ADB exists, amidst about a 2Million folders, I am on vista, so you can think how does the search work, if any one can help me regarding this that would be great. I don't know much about android studio yet, and I uninstalled eclipse IDE from my PC, that is why I am having problem finding ADB folder.
Also I am new here (at XDA) so please forgive my first time errors like wrong forums and such
Thank You To everyone in advance
EDIT; I was doing some search and research on my side, and found out that the ROM I had downloaded from the ASUS update server was incompatible(I don't know why perhaps some safety measure), so I went with the ROM provided by the person whose post from zentalk is referred to in the above link. And that worked out quiet fine except for downloading as my internet connection is too slow. The only thing that changed is all and everything was wiped out from my device, but thankfully I had a backup. Also the ROM that worked was the initial release and I had to update the phone using OTA.
I'll keep this thread open so that maybe someone might find it helpful and perhaps someone may state the true reason behind the error.